Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Summons: A Goblin King Prequel by Shona Husk


The Summons: A Goblin King Prequel is a short story prequel written by Shona Husk that I picked up on my Kindle for free.  It is a short, quick read that I read in one night before bed.   If you’ve ever seen the movie Labyrinth, you will immediately recognize the concept, if you summon the Goblin King he is sure to appear, and of course expect gold as payment.  However in this novella instead of cute Muppets and singing you will get a cursed man who is slowly turning into the Goblin King and struggling to maintain his humanity because of a curse placed on him.  He is summoned by a young girl who finds herself in a tough spot while attending her older brother’s party, I don’t what to tell you what happens, but I found it an entertaining read as well as a nice introduction to a new series.    Needless to say I have already picked up the next book in the series.

~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment