Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fistful of Charms

A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Finished!!! I have to say that Fistful of Charms has to be my favorite of the Hollows series so far. All of the main characters make an appearance and I was especially happy that Rachel and Jenks had patched things up from their misunderstanding about Trent. Loved the fact that the story had lots of action with butt kicking and sexual tension…omg sexual tension….I held my breath in a scene with Ivy and Rachel, you could feel the love, pain and bliss all wrapped into one in that scene…wow…Jenks was awesome, this time in a 6’4” sarcastic package. Rache and Jenks go on a run to save Jax (Jenk’s eldest) from the trouble Nick got him into. Rache wants to save Nick as well because she still loves the bastard (ugggh don’t I know what this is like!), Jenks is changed into a full size person in order to be able to handle the cold and survive their run. They get Jax back but they aren’t done yet…now they have to rescue Nick from some Weres who have him stashed on an island, seems Nick found a statue and decided to be a greedy thief (again) and not sell it to them. The Weres want it and are holding him captive, Rache and Jenks get to the island and are captured, Rache must now use her Alpha status from her pack affiliation and challenge one of the Alphas for their freedom…as you can imagine a lot action ensues and I don’t want to spoil it all…I loved it though when at this time Jenks comes up with my favorite nick name for Nick “crap for brains” and they escape…Ivy finds them and they hatch a plan to get these Weres off their backs. Ivy and Rachel take a step towards deepening their friendship (again wow!!). Murder, deception, more betrayal, and heartache occur, it is so action packed I couldn’t put it down. We get more insight into the characters and I finally have understanding for them with their flaws and all, I had a hard time before with Rachel, she often times seemed too whiny for me but this book she was someone I could actually identify with. So much happens in this story that all I can say was I loved it!!



View all my reviews
Regina =[

No comments:

Post a Comment